What can I do to conserve energy and save money?
We recommend you do the following:
- Lower your heat thermostat by 3° F to 5° F (health permitting).
- Open drapes and shades during the day and close them during the night to limit the amount of heat that escapes.
- Install or upgrade insulation in your attic and/or walls.
- Caulk and weather strip windows and doors.
Should you be away from your home for several days or weeks.
- Set your gas water heater to pilot or low
- If your water heater is in a heated area, turn it off at the breaker; otherwise lower the temperature setting.
- Turn heaters off for pools and spas and reduce the filter to minimum.
- Turn your heat thermostat to 55° F.